It is a two-step process to become a referee:
(1) Completion of the SSA’s Online Theory Course (on the FIFA Laws of the Game completed by Sept.17); and
(2) Completion of the RSRA’s (in-person) entry-level refereeing clinic on Sunday, Sept.24th.
Please note the following additional information:
- Minimum Age. Entry-level clinic participants must be 14 years of age by Dec.31, 2023 as the RSRA wants referees who are a minimum of two (2) years older than the age groups they are refereeing;
- Costs. The SSA’s online theory course is free of charge ($0) to take. The RSRA charges $150 per participant for the entry-level clinic (this includes the SSA’s clinic fee). The SSA also charges an annual registration fee for officials (this ranges from $45 to $80 depending on your age). This will be charged once the entry level clinic is completed;
- Online Theory Module. All registrants for the clinic must have completed the SSA’s Online Theory Module by Sunday, Sept.17, 2023 before registering for the RSRA’s entry-level clinic. Anyone who has not completed the SSA’s module will have their RSRA entry-level clinic registration cancelled; and
- Clinic Capacity. Clinic capacity is capped at 15 participants. A waitlist will be maintained if the clinic capacity is reached.
There are instructions provided below on how to register for the SSA’s online theory module. Please contact Shaun Augustin, RSRA Treasurer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (306) 526-8781 for any questions about the process.
SSA Online Theory Module Registration Instructions
People that want to referee must take the SSA's Online Course on the FIFA Laws. This is done through Google Classroom. There is no cost to register. However, to move to the next step, they must complete this course. It can be done at your own pace and not in a single sitting.
The link below takes you to the SSA's "I Want to Referee" page. On this page, scroll down to the heading, "How to Register for Online Components". There is a YouTube video that explains how to sign up for the Google Classroom the SSA uses to do the online component. If you have any questions on the registration steps and/or how to complete the activities, you can contact Octavian Iliuta at the SSA (email@example.com).
Once you have completed the SSA’s online theory module, please contact Shaun Augustin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (306) 526-8781. Shaun will provide further instructions on how to register for the RSRA’s entry-level clinic on Sept.17.
Please note there is a deadline to complete the SSA’s online theory module on Sunday, Sept.17 2023 in order to be registered in the RSRA’s entry-level clinic on Sunday, Sept.24.
Regina Soccer Referees Association
306-526-8781 (C) | email@example.com